Saturday, January 26, 2019

Hello everyone!!

I come back here because I feel gloomy tonight. While I was writing about character education in EFL context, I suddenly remembered my friend, Ira. I found out this afternoon that she converted to Islam because she wanted to get married with a Muslim. I was shocked and now I am sad about it. I am an open-minded person. I am not sad because she converted other religion. I am sad that she might be forced to do it. Look, I know I am not close with her but I have seen some posts of her that showed her love to Jesus. She went to YHS church and posted photos of her enjoying her time there. I also saw her posts that showed she little bit annoyed with Islam. Now, she has to let go of her faith and principles to marry a Muslim that she loves. Does she really have to do that? Can't they just build a family with two different religions? How about her family? Do they accept her decision? Then, it hits me.


Happiness needs sacrifices
 There are two options for Ira. She can marry that man but sacrifices her religion and disappoints her family or she holds her principles and sacrifices her love to that man. And she chooses option number 1. She can now be happy with her man. 
Nothing is free in this world. Happiness, love, anything. Have you ever wondered how much we had sacrificed in order to be happy? I am sure all that sacrifices somehow involved someone getting hurt. can we be happy without hurting anyone? rarely. That's like how this world was created. it's like the system of life. we are created to compete, to hurt each other, to sacrifice something/someone very dear to us in exchange of our own happiness. and yet, people still love life, being grateful in every minute for all the happiness in their lives. Humans are selfish creatures. Now, what should I do after knowing this? should I accept it and sacrifice things too? I think I do. I just need to adapt to it. It's impossible to live without sacrificing but not all sacrifices we did were bad. there are sacrifices that make us sad and guilty but there are also the ones that make us and other people happy. for example: when you feed a hungry dog, you actually sacrifice the food you buy for the sake of the dog's happiness. if you don't feel angry and sad after feeding it, it means that you view your sacrifice as a good thing to do. it's called beautiful sacrifice. it is when you are happy sacrificing something for the happiness of others. it is the most selfless actions of humans. continue to make that kind of sacrifices. I am sure we all can be happy someday.



No comments:

Post a Comment